Tuesday 5 June 2012

That will be the echo of Shinobi's feathery tootsies!

Arrived at the horses this morning ahead of the rain. Turning Ebony out and soaking her hay net was all the challenge I had set myself for that visit but as I was putting Ebony and the other mini's in their paddock paradise the sound of hoof steps from the road opposite struck a cord in me that i had nt felt so strongly for a while. "I'm going to ride out on Shinobi. Now!" That will be the echo of Shinobi's feathered tootsies very shortly.
I haltered him and I found myself indulging in his Left Brain Introvert frame of mind. I could nt stop myself. Whilst my movements and gestures were only subtle and projected with the lowest of energy I could tell the conversation was of interest as I watched the question and enthusiasm build in Shinobi's face.
"Bareback"... "No, western saddle"... "Hmm, riding in new environments by himself AND saddled? No. Too much"... "Fuck it. Let's do it. If it is too much it ll present with the opportunity to add more savvy arrows to my quiver" after this internal debate I dusted off his western saddle and threw it on the banister. To my delight Shinobi investigated his tack voluntarily before concluding it was nt as interesting as he first thought and so continued to eat from his hay net. I saddled him up and he remained relaxed, moving freely around his stable as if there was nothing strapped to him.
Overall the ride went just as well. As usual the first half hour was spend taking things incredibly slow allowing him to stop and think about what felt like everything in his surroundings.

"Introverts need to think before they can move their feet"

Once Shinobi had thunk untill his thinker was sore his curiosity blossomed. The farm we passed became a treasure chest of trinkets and wonder that most definitely had to be explored!
Leaving the farm behind we continued with our exploration of new worlds (we did a few new routes in the woods... same thing!) Shinobi seemed to be enjoying himself greatly and on several occasions burst into a trot, impatient to see what lay beyond the next corner.
The only problem we had today was food! Whilst his horseinality explains it, it does nt excuse it. This is now the only remainder to be addressed.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this!!! well done Em and Shinobi <3 looking forward to future posts :) Naomi xx

    ReplyDelete