Tuesday 15 June 2010

Appriciating the little thing

For the past week iv been horse sitting for a friend and so have accumalted a ruther 3 to my original herd of 4, needless to say mine have not had the time and attention spent on them that they deserve, and my guys have been telling me so in there own subtle little ways.

Having a spare half an hour yesterday evening i decided to spend some Undermanding Time with Andy, i haltered him and took away to the corral to graze leaving the rest of my guys at the gate, all looking a little disappointed that they were not getting the chance to come out and play. I promised another day.
As the sun set behind the vally casting ribbons of light through the woods and onto the fields it felt like time had stopped, i could take in the familiar smell of his mane and how soft his coat felt to touch. Time did not stop for long and before i new it it was time to leave, i begrudgingly put Andy back in the field.

It seems despite the lack of time we had shared together the evening previous Andy appriciated it greatly non the less. Andy left his pasture mates and the fresh grass i had given them to come and spent a quiet minuet with me, him being a LBI i was delighted and somewhat humbled! He stood with me for a good 15 mins, letting me scrath his ears and face and then moving around me so i could scratch his back and dock, then falling asleep, and continued to follow me up the field away from his pasture friends and grass.

Granted we've not spent anytime playing games and learning new patterns but we're contining to learn the language even through the little things :)





Play on, Em x

2 comments:

  1. G'day Emily,

    This was a nice story to read today. My Cayleigh is slowly learning to talk with me but I still struggle with Sun. As you say, play on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) i enjoyed writing it and it was a pleasure to share :)

    ReplyDelete